11.28.2011

holiday sparkle

I’m always a bit sad when the the brilliant colors of autumn fade into Seattle’s version of winter. There’s usually one good storm in November that tears the last of the leaves from the trees and then, gray. Gray skies, gray rain, gray mud. Until the day after Thanksgiving. Once that day arrives I assign myself free license to hang holiday lights and banish the gray for a few weeks. And banish I do. Lights adorn the fireplace and the bathrooms. There are nearly a thousand lights on my five foot tall tree. And lights greet me when I pull into my driveway each evening. Frankly it’s surprising the electric company doesn’t check up on us this time of year.
Three cheers for holiday sparkle!
image: blue and white christmas lights in a white sink

No comments:

Post a Comment