2.06.2012

card books


I pulled all of the cards I’ve saved out of storage over the weekend to create card books. Not being someone who really thinks through the emotional consequences of craft projects prior to jumping in I have to admit I was taken off guard. First, because I was faced with 20 years of cards from my grandparents who recently passed away. Then there are the 3 jam-packed envelopes full of mail I received when I was at camp, a counselor at camp and later, an exchange student. Now I realize I was never homesick because home was never far away. Mostly, though, sitting amongst all those cards*, I felt so overwhelmingly loved, it was really amazing.
While I am opposed to hoarding, in general, I’m really glad I kept all of those cards. I’m looking forward to pulling out my Valentine’s card book next week and flipping through it.
*Chronological piles arranged in a grid where x was events by calendar year and y was who I received it from. Tissue box within reach at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment